So, between the colds, allergies and rebound congestion, I haven't been able to taste much for the past month or so. I guess the kitty allergens started to pile up. To make matters worse, I've caught every cold that's going around, which I suspect makes the allergies worse, keeps my immune system in the toilet and basically ensures that I never get well. K offered to take the cat in for a while while I get better, but there's just no way. I love the fuzzy little land shark. I secretly think that he just wants a cat but is too afraid to get his own. ;)
Aw, jeez, I started talking about my cat again. The point is, I can pretty much taste food, so I made some spicy lentils!
I have no idea what happened to the pictures, but it was delicious.
- 1 large red onion, or 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 lb of lentils
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 hot chili peppers, or your favorite hot sauce
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon juice
- bay leaf
- Cook the lentils by the package directions, adding a bay leaf to the water.
- Saute the garlic, peppers and onions in the oil in a VERY LARGE saucepan.
- Add the lentils and all other ingredients.
- Eat hot or cold.
I think tomorrow or Thursday night I'll try making salmon!