I'm taking a container of pico de gallo to a party tonight.
Salsa is absolutely my #1 favorite snack/condiment/lunch (yes, lunch: a good pico de gallo tastes great eaten right off a fork and has next to no calories).
Anyway, this particular salsa was very well received the last time I took it to a party, and this batch is even better. Here's how to make your own!
- 8 Roma tomatos, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized white onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 4-6 serrano chiles, minced
- juice of 2 limes
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Just dig right in with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. The flavors need time to sit and get to know each other, so don't eat it yet!
- Stir before serving. It's okay to use a spoon this time.