Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So, what did we learn?

It's been a long... while. I'm working a ton and more broke than ever. And the night before last was not restful, what with nature rousting me out of bed every 2 hours and the adjacent building catching fire at about 4 a.m. (I was too exhausted to get up and be nosy, but from my shameless sidewalk-level gawking the next day, it appears that the furnace caught fire. Why do I feel like I live in a dump?)

So, what did we learn?
  1. When you're tired, cooking over gas heat (= BLUE FIRE) may not be the smartest thing.
  2. Just because you've left the shaker tops on all of your other spices doesn't mean that the shaker top is on the crushed chili pepper. Good luck digging 1/4 cup of red pepper flakes out of your zucchini.
  3. You know how you always add olive oil to your pasta water? When oily water boils over, it tries to start a fire. Have fun with that.
  4. Splashing pasta sauce all over the stove is FUN!
  5. Don't grate cheese right over the food. Unless, y'know, you like dropping the grater in the food.
It's late. I'm going to bed.

No comments: