Monday, July 28, 2008

Candied pecans!

I am the Drunken Master of the kitchen!

Yep, I got the wine munchies pretty bad, and I wanted something sweet to snack on. So, I dug through my kitchen and found the fixings to cobble together candied pecans!

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of water
  • Splash of vanilla extract
  • Small sprinkling of cinnamon
  • Couple handfuls of pecans
Directions
  1. Mix the sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon.
  2. Toss the nuts with the liquid, in separate batches if necessary.
  3. Spread on a banking sheet. Sift powdered sugar over the nuts.
  4. Bake for about 10 minutes.
  5. Remove from the oven and toss with more powdered sugar. Let cool.
  6. ANNIHILATE that stuff 'cause you've got the munchies!!
I'm sure that tomorrow I'll regret making such a huge mess in the kitchen. Right now, though? Mmmmmm, tasty!

No comments: