Thursday, September 18, 2008

From the cooking mags: White Bean and Chicken Chili


This white bean and chicken chili came from the October issue of Bon Apetit (I like to say that I subscribe to so many magazines so that I get something in the mail besides my bills).

It is absolutely delicious. The whole batch has about 1,550 calories and makes enough for four people (or two people's dinners tonight and lunches tomorrow!).

The grilled cheese was a last-minute decision. I was picking up some bread to go with the chili and saw a loaf of Alpine Gruyere bread. So I thought, why not grab a chunk of Gruyere and make some small sandwiches?

So. Good. They were wonderfully gooey but also very crisp because I sliced the bread so thinly.

The chili was incredibly cheap, too. I had everything but the chicken and celery, which, now I have five more stalks of celery in my fridge and no idea what to do with them. Or the bean sprouts, really. Oops.

No comments: