Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Black beans & corn for lunch


I got to come home for lunch today because class was canceled. When I make myself lunch, I often make black beans, because they're filling without being fattening.

So I threw together this delicious mixture of black beans and corn. It makes enough for two people, or you can just put half of it in the fridge, because it really gets better with time. Oh yeah, and it's also ridiculously cheap.

Ingredients
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1-2 tablespoons of spicy salsa (I used deli salsa because I'm a salsa snob)
  • salt
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • garlic powder
Directions
  1. Combine beans, corn, cilantro, onions, salsa, and lime juice in a saucepan. Season to taste with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  2. Cook over medium heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.

No comments: