Friday, August 29, 2008

Mmm, sandwiches!


Well, now that I have a little more time on my hands, hopefully I can cook and write a little more!

My sister works at Panera and gets an amazing discount. Great news for carb fiends like me, so whenever I'm near her store and she's at work, I try to stop by and grab a little something.

Tuesday, I picked up a loaf of tomato basil bread. It's got cinnamon on the top crust, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's just so trendy lately to put cinnamon in everything, and... truth is, I'm not crazy about the cinnamon love. I think it works, but the grilled sandwich I made last night tasted a little too much like French toast at the top.

Still, they were delicious. I'm at work right now, absolutely starving and craving about six more sandwiches.

Ingredients
  • 4 slices of tomato basil bread
  • 1 small tomato, sliced
  • mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • 3-4 basil leaves, chopped
  • black pepper
  • 1/2 small onion, sliced
Directions
  1. Oh, for [stuff]'s sake, you know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

No comments: