Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Come to the Dark Side, we have pre-made pizza crust

I have a well-known hatred of processed, pre-packaged food. And don't even get me started on the horror known as the chain restaurant.

Let's face it, though: sometimes you don't get home until 7:00, and your hair is crusted in ice, and you can't feel your toes, and you're cold and tired and hungry!

...or maybe that's just me.

Nights like this are the reason pre-made pizza crust exists.

I had previously written it off as lazy people food, and even though I had never tried it, I assumed it would be disgusting. Then I tried some at the last party I went to, where another party-goer used it to make a tasty vegetarian pizza.

Tonight, though, the carnivore inside me won out and I made a Hawaiian pizza.

The ham steak on the left? Came in a 3-pack that The Mr. and I picked up for $11.50 at Costco.


Hawaiian pizza in a few easy, lazy steps!

ingredients
  • pre-made pizza crust
  • a jar of pizza sauce
  • shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
  • ham (for the truly lazy, you can buy some pre-cubed, but save yourself a few bucks and cube it yourself)
  • jar of pineapple chunks
Do I really have to say more? Well.... okay. Spread some pizza sauce on the crust. Sprinkle some cheese. Add the ham and pineapple. Bake it. 450 degrees. Until it's melted and gooey. Eat it. You know you want to.

See? Don't you want to eat this?

No comments: