Well, it's not lunchtime right now. I just finished dinner, actually. But I did throw together a black bean salad to take to work tomorrow. When your only viable option three days a week is Subway, packing lunch sounds really good after three weeks.
It's a great summer lunch or side dish, and it takes all of five minutes. It's also really cheap and easy to make for a barbecue.
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, rinsed under cold water until thawed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- freshly ground salt
- juice of 1 lime, minus a little bit (just cut it into quarters, juice 3, and put the last quarter in a Corona or something...)
- 2T smooth salsa or a 1t hot sauce (to taste)
- Toss everything together in a bowl.
- Let sit overnight.
- Take to work and eat instead of junk food.