I made another salsa the other night! It took 15 minutes and was so delicious. I would have gone to the farmers' market and bought more tomatoes for another batch, but after trundling in from a birthday party at 4 a.m.... no. Just, no.
Okay, so, a few tips and notes:
- Like all salsas, it has to sit overnight. Absolutely has to.
- The flavor was best after 3 days.
- It's really, really hot.
- 8 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- Juice of 2 limes
- 5 chipotles in adobo sauce, whole
- 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce
- Small handful of cilantro (about 1/4 cup)
- Process everything in the food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a container (I use Gladware) and let sit for at least 24 hours.
- Nom nom nom!